Saturday 10 May 2014

Big Beautiful Eyes tutorial

So it seems life doesn't want me to blog at the moment.  As soon as had life quietened down and I get a few days off I got some horrid fluey bug that left me stuck in bed.  I finally feeling well enough yesterday to do the tutorial I'd been meaning to do all week.

On days where I'm working at Benefit I (obviously) have to wear all Benefit makeup.  I have a few bits and pieces now, one of them being the Big Beautiful Eyes kit.  This kit is one of their older pieces as I remember it from when I worked for Benefit years ago.  The shadows are smooth and pigmented, and a joy to work with.  The only thing I miss is not having a black eyeshadow to work with.  In this tutorial I use a black pencil (which Benefit do do) in place of a shadow.




1.  After prepping and priming your eyes as usual, pat the pale pink shade from the palette all over the lid.
2.  Apply the medium brown shade in the crease.
3.  Pat a nude shade under the brow bone and blend down, softening the crease shade.  Benefit's Call My Bluff works well, or you could just use your usual face powder.
4. Apply the dark brown shade from the palette into the crease on top of the light brown and blend.  You shouldn't take this shade up as high as the light brown.
5.  Draw a small v at the outer corner of the eye with a black pencil.
6.  Put some of the black pencil onto a flat shader brush.
7.  Use this to blend out that outer v.
8.  Apply the dark brown shade under the eye.  Use what's left of the black on the shader brush under the outer third of the lower lash line.
9.  Line the lid using black liquid liner.
10.  Add mascara to finish.

I wore this with Benefit's Big Easy Foundation (love this), Sugarbomb blush, and Juicy Details lipstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment