Friday 2 May 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lips review

I have so much catching up to do with the blog!  I'm starting today with a review of 2 of MUA's Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers.


I picked up two shades, Atomic, a bright coral red, and Kooky, a bright purple.  First off I'll say that the colours are stunning.  They're super bright and the purple is a shade that you don't see all that often.  I also love the packaging they come in.  The weighty frosted glass tubes really make them feel far more expensive than the £3 each that they cost.




As you can see, they're super pigmented.  Both took a second coat for an even colour, but they did apply easily.  They dry down fairly quickly to a matte finish.  Which is where the problems began...


These are my lips two hours after application.  Every last drop of moisture has been sucked out of my lips, and area near to the inside of my lips has started to peel and flake off.  It left me with an area of bare lips that was visible even with my mouth closed.  Not attractive.  I can say without a doubt that these are the most uncomfortable lip products I've ever worn.   The only piece of good news is that the areas of my lips that weren't moistened stayed put with no transfer at all.


After two hours of the driest lips ever, I decided to add some moisture by topping with a gloss.  Bad idea.  Once mixed with a gloss, the lip lacquers became flaky and started to peel, leaving little balls of product, and bare patches all over my lips.  Ick.

I'm so disappointed that these are so unbearably drying, as I do love the colours.  I'm not even sure that I'm going to bother putting these back in my makeup drawer, as I know that I am never going to wear either of them again.  I would have happily compromised the longevity for a more comfortable wear.  Conclusion - don't waste your money on these.  Save your pennies for a more expensive long wearing lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment