Friday 22 November 2013

Chanel Rouge Noir - The perfect dark red lipstick?

So my addiction to dark lipsticks is growing.  I've been umming and ahhhing over this lipstick for some time, and I finally caved and bought it the other day.  This shade confusingly comes in two formulas, Rouge Coco, and Rouge Allure.  I had absolutely no idea what the difference between the two was, and as Rouge Coco was sold out on the Debenhams website, I got the Rouge Allure.



Rouge Noir is a deep red, which pulls more brown than plum (although there's no way you'd mistake this for a brown).  It's a satin finish, and feels comfortable on the lips the whole time it's on.  It lasted a good 5-6 hours on me, any only really needed touch ups after eating.  I simply cannot fault this formula.  Unlike some other the other vampy fall colours I've reviewed, I didn't need to worry my hair catching in it, and ending up with lipstick all over my face!  I only own one other Chanel lipstick, a Rouge Coco Shine, and I find that to be quite drying (which is strange, as you'd think that my lips would love sheer glossy lipsticks).  The Rouge Allure formula has changed my mind about Chanel lipsticks, and I'd definitely buy more of the Rouge Allures.


So is this the one?  I want to say yes.  I really really do.  I'd like it to be a smidgen darker, but that's something I can probably do with the right lip liner.  But I'm curious about Rouge Noir in the Rouge Coco formula.  And there's an Illamasqua lipstick I want to try too.  But I'd rate this at about a 9/10 on the perfect dark red lipstick scale.  I just feel the need to try more!  I'm beginning to think I may have a problem....

No comments:

Post a Comment