Saturday 16 August 2014

Part two of my haul review! Collection nail polishes and NYX Extreme Lip Cream.

Onto the second part of my haul!  I picked up two Collection nail varnishes, Fairy Dust and Scorched Copper.  I really like their Work The Color polishes as they apply evenly, dry quickly, and have fairly good wear time on them.  And all for £1.99 each!

Fairy Dust was a little bit of a disappointment to be honest.  It's a beautiful shimmering colour, but it's just so sheer!  I'm not a fan of sheer polishes, so I'll probably use it layered over another colour.  Below is four coats and my nail line is still clearly visible. It still looks super pretty, especially when the sun catches it, but I wish it was more opaque!


Scorched Orange on the other hand is fantastic to work with.  It's a bright coppered red which was opaque in two coats.  Due to it's metallic finish brush strokes are a little more visible, but not to the point that it bothers me.  A really nice autumn shade!


And last but not least is NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Candy Land.  I've read loads of reviews that rave about these, and I have to say that I'm also a fan of the formula.  They're lovely and opaque, but unlike other liquid lipsticks it doesn't dry down.  It feels to thick and creamy to be classed as a gloss though, and I didn't find this at all sticky.  Wear time was 3 or 4 hours, and my lips felt nice and moisturised.  I'm so picky about lipsticks that it's always nice to find a cheaper formula that I love!


I also picked up Revolution's Pink Lights highlighter today.  I doubt I'll do a review on it as highlighters are tough to photograph, but I love it and I'm sure it'll be used in future FOTD!

No comments:

Post a Comment