Friday 15 August 2014

Revolution eyeshadow and blush palettes review

My lovely boyfriend took me shopping the other day for a couple of makeup bits.  I picked an NYX Xtreme Lip Cream that I'd been wanting to try, and a couple of new nail varnishes.  In Superdrug I spotted a new display of a brand I hadn't heard of before; Revolution.  They didn't have any testers out, but the prices were s good that I just had to try them!


The first thing I'll note about these palettes is they were both sealed.  One of the reasons I dislike buying drug store makeup (particularly from my local Superdrug) is that a lot of it has been opened and played with.  No worries with that here, the boxes were wrapped in plastic, the cardboard boxes taped closed, and then the palettes within the cardboard were wrapped in plastic too!

The palettes look nice, sleek black plastic with simple gold lettering.  They're weighty, making them feel more expensive.  The plastic does show finger prints really easily though.


They had so many eyeshadow palettes, but in the end I opted for Eyes Like Angels, a 32 pan palette.  The eyeshadows are on the smaller size, but I have so many eyeshadows that I rarely finish a pan.  There's a good mix of colours and neutrals .


The palette is a mix of frosts and satins, with some nearly matte shades.  As with most shadows, the frosts have better colour pay off than the matte shadows.  They're nicely pigmented, soft, and easy to blend.  I am blown away by the quality for the price!  I'm sure I'll be picking up more of the palettes soon.  

Black Stars, Green Dream, Peach Cream, Orchid

Sophisticated Pink, Dream, Pink Glow, Peacock Dream

Silver Star, Emerald Night, Lilac Shimmer, Purpled!

Cream, Pink!, Lilac Frost, Award

Pearl Necklace, Night Stars, Blue Sheen, Pink Frosted

Moss, Molton Chocolate, Choc!, Green Stars

Green Envy, Copper Dream, Bold Purple, White Light

Orange!, Aqua Dream, Truffle, Silver Dream

 I also picked up the Sugar and Spice blush and contour palette.  This palette is pink shades, and despite it's name, doesn't really have any contour shades.  There are 6 satin finish blushes, one frosted highlighter, and one frosted blush.


Like the eyeshadows, the blushes are soft, pigmented, and easy to blend out.  I'm in love with the highlighter.  I've been after a pink powder highlighter for quite some time (think powder version of Benefit's High Beam).  I'm tempted to pink up their baked highlighter in Pink Lights soon.



Overall I'm really impressed by Revolution's offerings, and I'm sure I'll be spending some of my pay check next month on a couple more items.  You can pick up the eyeshadow palette for £8, and the blush palette for £6 from Superdrug.  Their website also ships internationally!

I'll be putting up swatches of the lip cream and nail polishes tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment