Saturday 15 February 2014

The rest of my lipstick collection

You can see the other parts of my lipstick collection here - red, pink part 1, pink part 2, and purple and coral.

These are lipsticks that either didn't fit in the other categories, or lipsticks that I forgot (they were most likely in my bag when I did the swatches).  I'm sorely lacking in nudes.  Maybe I should look at getting a couple of those before I pick up another pink lipstick!

Armani Lip Maestro in 500 and 501
If you've checked out my pink lipstick reviews, you'll know by now that I love lip maestros.  A pigmented liquid lipstick that dries down to a modern matte finish.  This is a long wearing lipstick that doesn't dry out my lips.  

500 is a medium nude pink, which is great for every  day wear.  It has slight yellow undertones, but still works well on my cool toned skin.





501 is a deep, dusty pink, with almost mauve undertones.  On me it's a little too dark to be called a nude lipstick, but on deeper skin tones I can imagine it would be a great choice for an every day lipstick.



Dior Addict lipstick in Createur
This is my go to every day lipstick.  It's like my lips, but better.  I favour this sheer plummy red over nude lipsticks as it doesn't wash me out like nudes can.  It's a really comfortable lipstick to wear, and even though it only lasts about 3 hours, I don't see it wearing down because it's so close to my natural lip colour, so I don't have to worry about that dreaded ring of colour being left round my lip line.





MAC Brave
This is another of my nude alternatives.  It's a medium nude pink, with a satin finish.  It's a fairly thick, opaque lipstick, and I'll opt for it over Createur if I need a lipstick that lasts a little longer.  I don't find it drying, but it's not moisturising either.




MAC Plum Dandy
This was a lipstick that I should have probably put in the pink or purple section.  I don't often pick up MAC lipsticks any more, but I traded in some empties and got this one.  It's a soft plummy pink with gold shimmer.  It's a frost, but it's not overly frosted.  I love the way it looks when it catches in the sunlight, as it really shows off the beautiful shimmer.  It's not the most comfortable lipstick in the world, but it's not as bad as some of MAC's other frost lipsticks




Urban Decay Super Saturated High-Gloss Lip Colour in Glinda
What a mouthful that name is!  This came with the limited edition Glinda palette.  It's a rosey nude with gold shimmer.  It's less frosty and more beige that Plum Dandy.  It's a fairly neutral colour that would suit a lot of skin tones, but it's really not one I ever really reach for.  I find it more drying than the pencil they released in the Theodora palette.




Benefit Posietint
Posietint is one of Benefit's 4 lip and cheek stains.  In the bottle it looks like a scarily neon pink, but once applied to cheeks and lips, it's a subtle pink tint.  The below swatch is two layers.  I tend to prefer this type of product on my cheeks to my lips, as alone it can be quite drying.  I usually opt to top this with a gloss when I wear it on my lips.




Illamasqua Pristine
This definitely comes under the 'other' category!  This is one of the better black lipsticks I've tried.  It's opaque in a couple of swipes, so it's easy to get a dark, even colour.  So often blacks can go on patchy.  Like most of Illamasqua's lipsticks it's not hydrating, but it's doesn't suck the life out of my lips either.





 And here are swatches of all of the lipsticks! *updated 21/06/2014*






1.  OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia
2.  NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Vixen
3.  Chanel Rouge Allure in Rouge Noir
4.  Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait in Colire
5.  Guerlain Rouge G in Garconne (LE)
6.  Dior Diorific lipstick in Diorling 
7.  Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Theodora (LE) 
8.  Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Liberte
9.  Sephora Rouge Shine in No.28
10.  MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Crosswires
11.  MAC Amplified Creme lipstick in Watch Me Simmer (LE)
12.  Benefit Hydra-smooth lip colour in Juicy Details
13.  Clinique Different Lipstick in Ice Rose
14.  Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting
15.  Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
16.  Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick
17.  Armani Lip Maestro Shade 505 (LE)
18.  Armani Rouge d'Armani Shade 507
19.  YSL Rouge Volupte in Pink Caress 
20.  Illamasqua lipstick in Resist (discontinued)
21.  Benefit lipstick in My Treat (discontinued)
22.  Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Illusion (LE)
23.  MAC Glaze lipstick in Sweet Thing (LE)
24.  MAC Matte lipstick in Candy Yum Yum
25.  MAC Cremesheen lipstick in Of Royalty (LE)
26.  MAC Matte lipstick in Gladiola (discontinued)
27.  MAC Amplified Creme lipstick in Show Orchid
28.  Illamasqua lipstick in Underworld
29.  Inglot Colour Play Lipstick No.95
30.  Lime Crime lipstick in Poisonberry
31.  Inglot lipstick in 175
32.  Illamasqua lipstick in Pristine
33.  MAC Glaze lipstick in Plum Dandy
34.  Dior Addict lipstick in Createur
35.  MAC Satin lipstick in Brave
36.  Urban Decay Super Saturated High-gloss Lip Colour in Glinda (LE)
37.  Benefit Posietint
38.  Armani Lip Maestro in shade 500
39.  Armani Lip Maestro in shade 501
41.  Too Faced lipstick in Nude Beach
41.  Shiro intertube in Sad Keanu
42.  Shiro intertube in Shoop-da-whoop
43.  Shiro intertube in Rickrolled 

No comments:

Post a Comment