Good quality makeup brushes can be expensive, and you may not have a large variety, especially if you're just starting out. That's why, when I got this tutorial request, I decided to only use one eyeshadow brush, a flat shader brush, and one eyeliner brush. It's also a fairly simple look that uses only 3 eyeshadows.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sleek Vintage Romance palette (Meet in Madrid and Love in London)
Boots Naturals Eyeshadow in Sea Shell
Illamasqua Gel Liner
Illamasqua Sophie pencil
Benefit They're Real mascara
Flat Shader Brush (MAC 242)
Eyeliner Brush (Funky Fox 53036/01)
1. After applying an eyeshadow base, pat a gold shadow (Meet in Madrid) all over your lid. Wipe any excess shadow off of your brush.
2. Using the end of your brush and a black shadow (Love in London), roughly mark out where you are going to wing out your shadow. Don't worry too much about being neat as we'll sort that out when we tidy up and fall out later.
3. With the flat side of your brush, apply the black shadow in the outer 3/4 of your crease. Again, wipe any left over colour off of your brush.
4. Using the same method, take your gold shadow and place it in the inner 1/4 of your crease, blending it into the black.
5. Apply a matte highlight close to your skin tone (Sea Shell with the flat of your brush, and blend it down. Now, we're going to soften that line a little. Using the end of your brush, run the brush back and forth over the line until it softens slightly. We're not blending it up too far. You can add more black if you need to.
6. Using the end of your brush again, apply the black shadow under your lash line.
7. With a cotton pad and makeup remover, or a makeup remover wipe, and run it along your winged line to make it sharper. Clean up any other fall out. You may now want to apply your under eye concealer. Tip: For a really sharp line you can use the end of your brush to place a sharp line of concealer against the wing, blending downwards into your skin. Just make sure your brush is free of any eyeshadow first!
8. Use an eyeliner brush of your choice to apply a black gel liner (Illamasqua gel liner).
9. Apply a black pencil (Sophie) to your upper and lower water line, making sure you get in between the lashes to tight line.
10. Apply mascara. This would look great with false lashes for a night out too!
Let me know if you have any requests for tutorials you'd like to see!