Sunday 20 October 2013

Models Own Velvet Goth review and competition

I'm a big fan of Models Own nail varnishes.  They have a great range of colours and finishes, and when I spotted their new collection in Boots I knew I just had to have them all!



The Velvet Goth polishes are essentially matte glitters.  I love putting a matte top coat on top of glitter polishes, so these just skip out that extra step.  The consistency of these is a little thicker than normal polishes, but I still found it easy to work with.  It wasn't at all gloopy or difficult to apply.  They also dry really quickly.  This is great if you're like me and hate sitting around waiting for you nails to dry.  However, due to this, and the slightly thicker texture, you need to work quite quickly on your second coat.  I found that it's best not to try and apply thin coats.  The polish tends to stick where you put it down, so doesn't spread in thin layers very easily.

It's fairly easy to get the hang of the application method, and once you've got them painted they'll last 3 or 4 days with only minor tip wear (which for me is about as good as it gets!).  I was a bit concerned that taking them off was going to be a nightmare because of all the glitter, but it wasn't too bad.  I used the tin foil method, and they actually came off easier than most glitter polishes!


Obsidian
Valerian


Amethyst
Sardonyx

Absinthe

All but Obsidian were pretty much opaque in 2 coats, although I added a third coat just to be sure.  The black was also opaque in 3.  The glitter stands out the most on the black one, as it's silver glitter, unlike the others where the glitter matches the base coat.  I think Absinthe is my favourite, as it has small, densely packed glitter.  Amethyst gives the most velvety effect.

I'm giving away one bottle of my favourite, Absinthe.  




To enter the competition all you have to do is the following:

1.  Follow this blog, either on Blogger or Blog Lovin.

2.  Leave a comment on this post telling me how you'd rock the goth look this autumn.

For an extra vote:


3.  Share this competition on your blog.  Leave a note on your comment here, telling me that you've shared it!

A winner will be chosen at random on the 31st November (Halloween!).  Due to post restrictions, this is just open to people in the UK.  However, if I get enough followers that aren't in the UK I'll choose something to give away that I can mail abroad next time (I'm thinking some Illamasqua goodies!)

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment