Friday 10 January 2014

Pink Lipsticks Part One

Continuing on from my red lipstick collection, here is the first half of my pink lipstick collection.  14 lipsticks was just too many to swatch on my lips in one sitting, so I'll do the other half later in the week!  Apologies for some of the lipsticks looking a little messy.  They're well loved!


Armani Lip Maestro Shade 505
First off is the newest addition to my collection!  I love Armani Lip Maestros.  They're pigmented, long wearing, and incredibly comfortable for a liquid lipstick.  This colour was so hard to photograph, as it's so bright it's verging on neon.  Amazing, but not for the faint of heart!  This colour is part of their 2013 winter collection, so you might still be able to nab this before it disappears.





YSL Rouge Volupte in Pink Caress (09)
YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks are incredibly creamy.  Pink Caress is a medium pink that's fully opaque.  Super moisturising and glossy, the only down side to this is the wear time.  It won't make it through a meal, but it's a good option if you suffer from dry lips.  These also have a really nice sweet smell to them.



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick
There are so many versions of Clinique's Chubby Sticks these days, and this is Revlon's offering.  It applies smoothly and evenly, and whilst it feel quite a thin consistency, it's fully opaque.  Staying power is pretty good, and it fades down to a pink stain.  I love the bright pink shade too.  My only complaint is the fake mint smell it has.  It's the one thing that stops me reaching for this more often.



Clinique Different Lipstick in Ice Rose
I usually stay away from frosted lipsticks as they can be quite drying.  Ice Bloom however lives up to it's name, and truely is different.  It's a medium raspberry pink with subtly gold shimmer, which gives it is slightly frosted finish.  Unlinke other frost lipsticks I've tried, this applies smoothly and evenly, and doesn't dry out my lips at all.  Every time I wear this lipstick, I wonder why I don't more often.



Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting and Strawberry Shortcake
The beauty world went mad for these when they first came out, so of course I had to get my hands on a couple to see what all the fuss was about.  These sheer lipsticks are moisturising and comfortable, perfect for every day wear.  Staying power isn't that great, but balm like lipsticks usually lack in that department.  They're not my favourite formula, but as far as drug store lipsticks go, they're not half bad!

Sugar Frosting is a really pale pink.  Usually I stay away from really pale lipsticks, but as it's so sheer this makes my lips paler, without washing me out.  It's a really good choice for teaming with a dark smokey eye.



Strawberry Shortcake is a sheer medium pink.  It's a great every day pink, which adds a pop of colour to your lips without being too bright.



Armani Rouge d'Armani Shade 507
This is my all time favourite pink lipstick.  It's a medium bright pink with subtle yellow undertones, and it looks great against my pale cool toned complexion.  It's a creamy, pigmented formula, that moisturises while I wear it.  It has great staying power for such a light, soft lipstick.  Love love love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment