Thursday 2 January 2014

My red lipstick collection

I've put myself on a makeup buying ban for a couple of months, focusing on using what I already have.  I thought this would be a good opportunity to share with you the things I already have in my stash.  It'll also help me see what my collection is missing.  This post will be on red lipsticks.

Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Theodora
This lip pencil came in the limited edition Theodora palette.  It's a  true cherry red, which has very subtle shimmer.  As it's a very neutral red, it's one that will work on most skin tones.  It applies opaquely, and, as the name suggests, with a glossy finish.  It's really comfortable and moisturising to wear, however the slippy formula means that it is prone to smudging.



Guerlain Rouge G in Garconne
This is one of my all time favourite lipsticks.  Garconne is a bright, blue toned red, that looks great against cooler skin tones.  It applies smoothly, and opaquely, with a beautiful cream finish.  It's really comfortable to wear, and staying power is great.



Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait in Colire
This lipstick was my first liquid lipstick, and it was definitely a good choice!  Colire is a bright red with slight coral undertones.  Another opaque lipstick, this dries down to a comfortable modern matte finish.  Staying power is great, and if I need a red lipstick that's going to stick around all day, this is the one I reach for. 




Dior Diorific lipstick in Diorling 
Another blue toned cherry red, Diorling is a little darker than Garconne.  Opaque with a cream finish, this is another comfortable lipstick to wear, that has good staying power.



NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Vixen
A deep red with brown undertones, this lipstick was part of my 'prefect dark red lipstick' series.  I love the colour, but the slippery formula didn't win any points from me.  Read the full review here.




Chanel Rouge Allure in Rouge Noir
Another from 'the perfect dark red lipstick' search, Rouge Noir is the closest I've come to finding 'the one'.  A brown toned dark red, this lipstick isn't as scary on as it looks in the tube.  Find my full review here.



Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Black Dahlia
Another dark red, this one leans more purple than brown.  Opacity is buildable, and staying power is good.  For the full review, click here.



From left to right: Urban Decay Theodora, Guerlain Garconne, Guerlain Colire, Dior Diorling, NYX Vixen, Chanel Rouge Noir, OCC Black Dahlia.

I think what I'm missing is a sheerer, more subtle red!  What's your favourite red lipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment